Chix Chat Pro Football

Stop your whining Ravens fans, we're 5-2!

Posted by Wednesday, October 27, 2010


If someone had told you at the beginning of the season that the Ravens would have to play 3 of their first four games on the road and that 3 of their first four road games before the bye week would be against 2009 playoff participants and the fourth against the Steelers, wouldn’t you have been ecstatic that after all the Ravens would sport a 5-2 record? (Wow that was a mouthful.)

Of course you would!

It’s a pretty darn good record despite all the odds.

Yet here in Baltimore, all I hear is whining and griping about how the Ravens had to go to overtime to beat the winless Buffalo Bills.

For me there’s a danger in playing a team like the Bills who have nothing to lose. I mean c’mon, they can throw all their gadgets and trickery and reckless abandon at you without consequence.

I know it’s a bit cliché-ish but a win is a win and I’ll take it. Last year at the bye the Ravens were 3-3 and they still made it to the playoffs! Hello!

After the bye the Ravens should be healthier. They’ll get Donte Stallworth back. Ed Reed is already back and thankfully he was on the field against the Bills. Tom Zbikowski returns so that gives the team more healthy depth.

Speaking of returns, can the Ravens post a Help Wanted sign for a decent punt or kick returner?

Ok, enough of that. It’s all good. 5-2, 5-2, 5-2…

So enjoy your off week fans. I know my spleen will enjoy the week off since I’ve been torturing it over the past couple of weeks. Sheesh! No wonder my neighbors aren’t speaking to me after my potty mouth exhibitions.

This week, I’ll be cheering on the N’Awlins Saints.

That’s right!

Have you seen who they’re playing?

Oh and I’ll also be rooting for the Packers to beat the Jets and then give Rex Ryan a case of Twinkies as a consolation prize. Hey he might prefer that instead of a win.

And then I’ll watch a soap opera…that’s right, the Patriots v. Vikings. Let’s see which drama queen quarterback will cry first. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but, “Go Brett Favre!” (If he plays)

Hey, it’s for the Ravens benefit you know!

0 comments

Post a Comment