Chix Chat Pro Football

O-R-I-O-L-E-S!!!

Posted by Tuesday, April 5, 2011


I am trying to curb my enthusiasm over the Orioles a bit because I don’t want to set myself up for a fall. But 4-0 is tough not to get excited about.


The slew of drunken 20 year olds notwithstanding, yesterday’s home opener was a red letter day for me. And talk about great timing! While the NFL is caught in the cross hairs of a big weenie contest to see who gets more bzillions, the Orioles have given us a pleasant distraction that I for one hope lasts the entire summer.


Speaking of which, I loved, loved, loved feeling the warmth of that April sun on the back of my neck out there at The Yard. I mean, enough already with the cold weather. Back in November it dropped into the 30’s and except for a few momentary lapses of reasoning by Mother Nature, it has stayed cold since. Did I move to New England and someone forgot to tell me?


Oh yes it was a beautiful day in the neighborhood and yes something magic feels like it’s happening. I can’t believe I’m saying this but happy that I am, I can’t wait to watch the game on Wednesday night.


Oh and in case you are wondering why I'm posting at this un-Godly hour, I tried to take in the NCAA men’s basketball championship game last night but fell asleep only to wake up about an hour ago. I hear I didn’t miss much because Butler couldn’t hit water if they fell out of a boat.


Who cares?


Hey, here’s to 5-0!


How ‘bout dem O’s hon?

0 comments

Post a Comment