Chix Chat Pro Football







I’m still bitter and I’m not afraid to admit it. Last Friday night, I had an alumni event at my alma mater. It was the first non-Purple-Friday in many months. I wore all gray to match my mood.

I know a lot of you fans still wore purple last weekend but I couldn’t bring myself to put it on. Not because I’m not proud, oh hell yeah I’m proud of our boys! Proud to be a Ravens fan! I’m not bitter at our purple warriors.

I’m bitter at reality.

There are so many “what ifs” from that game; I can’t blame any one of them for our loss.

Moving on, I’m not one of those people who want to see the AFC team win the Super Bowl. I missed last year’s Super Bowl because I couldn’t bear watching Ben win again. So I missed their big loss to the Packers. In hindsight, I wish I had seen it.

If there’s any QB I dislike more than Ben, it’s absolutely Tom Brady. So, this Sunday, I guess I’m hoping the Giants win, but once again, I’ll miss the Super Bowl. I’ll catch up on the best commercials on Monday. So, I’ve been brainstorming on what I’m going to do Sunday night and thought I’d share some of my ideas.

1. Catch up on football research and bank some blog posts for the off-season. (You know you want me to bug you all year.)

2. Watch paint dry (since grass isn’t growing right now and my husband did just paint our bathroom).

3. Watch The Godfather trilogy that someone gave us as a gift last year. (Of course I’ve seen them, many times, just not all in one sitting.)

4. Organize and backup all my digital photos and iTunes libraries. (This one is so overdue, it might just win.)

5. Clean out my internet cache and temporary files. Oh and run a defrag too. (As soon as someone tells me exactly what all that means.)

6. Write (by hand) letters to my out-of-state friends who I’ve been out of touch with over the years. (Although they probably wouldn’t be able to read my handwriting after 20+ years of typing everything in my head.)

7. Shred old bills, one sheet at a time, in my tiny personal shredder. (This would have to include many years of unused Ravens playoff tickets. Yup. I save them.)

8. Clean behind the fridge, stove, washer, and dryer. (Apparently we’re supposed to do this once or twice a year? Who knew?)

9. Watch the 10-hour, star-studded, football-free movie extravaganza on Lifetime TV for Women. (OK, if I’m gonna watch chicks going postal, I’ll just watch Brady in the Super Bowl.)

10. Start drinking Bloody Marys at breakfast and keep drinking enough to pass out by 6pm. (This really is my best idea to date, and the clear winner in my opinion.)

So, Chix, are you watching?

If not, what are your plans?

Clearly, I need some fresh ideas.

Mind your x’s and o’s

The Purple Maven

0 comments

Post a Comment