Chix Chat Pro Football

Run Like a Raven!

Posted by Wednesday, March 21, 2012



Ola Chicas,

The weather is here! Summer is right around the corner and we will be pulling out those cute little suits. If I don’t get myself out on the street in my running shoes now I will never be bathing suit ready. I’ve gotta start Running Like a Raven!

It’s this time of year that I become a weekend warrior. I hit the road not just for my own physical and mental health but I do it for others. There are tons of local 5k charity runs. What better way to take care of myself and help out someone else It is very rewarding and motivational to run a race knowing that you are also supporting those in need.

Running in a race is so much more fun than hitting the pavement alone. The energy on the start line is contagious. Running amongst others inspires me to do my best and run my heart out. I know I’m not gonna take home the prize. It’s more about the personal satisfaction that I get from pushing myself and finishing. When I run in the race I take a look at those around me. I see the runner in front of me and tell myself, “Don’t them let them beat you to the finish! Push past them.” I make short goals to get me through to the end.

I also think about the motivation of the other runners. I see the guy with the knee brace and wonder what pushes him past the pain.

Perhaps the most inspiring runners are the senior citizens who weigh all of 100 pounds and move with a slow awkward stride that hurts just to watch. When is it time to hang up the sneakers?

I like to attend the smaller events that are hosted by the local groups who fundraise because they have a personal story to their cause. Everyone there is connected to the purpose and the energy they give off is uplifting and inspiring. Plus there are fewer runners so the road is wide open.

Running isn’t for everyone and some days it’s not for me either. But one a sunny cool morning in spring with tons of runners lining up at the start my heart starts to pound and I’m excited. It’s kinda like being at M&T at the start of a game, the energy is pumping and the crowd is humming with excitement. It’s a great feeling!

If you are a runner, or even if you’re not, consider signing up for a charity race some enter and walk and that’s cool).

No matter how you finish you won’t be disappointed. Try this one, The Packard Centers ALS Fiesta5K on May 5th. Join Ravens Chix in Team Brigance Brigade for former Raven O.J. Brigance. Follow this link

Run Chicas Run!

Rave ON!

Kosmo Krys

0 comments

Post a Comment