Chix Chat Pro Football

Needed: Black flip flips

Posted by Friday, April 20, 2012


Pin to Project:  Get your “Flips” on!
I decided to try something new.  Pinterest has become an addiction for many because of the variety of things you can find.  There are so many ideas for crafts, recipes, home décor, photography, blogs, etc. that you can spend hours upon hours just randomly searching for things.  I know this because I do it.  
Even though I’m a tomboy, I’m crafty.  Its one thing I enjoy.  Anyways, back to searching………….I started looking for anything “Ravens” and to my surprise, there were not a lot of crafts dedicated to those of us who bleed purple and black.  That’s when an idea formed and my Pin to Project was started.  My idea is to “pin” something I like and I think others would like and start a “Project” to somehow incorporate it to where it is Ravens themed.  I will share the finished results along with directs on cost and you can let your crafty side soar.
So ladies, here is an easy, cheap, and stylish way to show your support for our beloved Ravens:  DIY Ravens Flip Flops!  What woman doesn’t like flip flops? 
What you need:
·         Black flip flops (Michaels and Wal-Mart have them for $1). 
·         Purple flowers x 2 (I got mine at Michaels in the scrapbooking section and they were $3.49 for a bunch)
·         Football brads x 2 (Also in the scrapbooking section and these were a spur of the moment decision and they were $.50 apiece)
·         Letters (I used foam because I already had them plus I was trying to think of something durable.  There are other options you could you as well)
·         Purple ribbon ( $1.49 at Wal-Mart, it needs to be no smaller than 3/8 inch wide)
·         Glue gun & glue sticks
·         Scissors
First you’re going to wrap the ribbon around the part that rests on the top on your foot from one side to the other.  Not only does this give the flip flops a different look, it makes it more comfortable while resting on your foot.  I wrapped it giving the ribbon a winding look by overlapping the ribbon with each wrap.  Once you get to the end, make sure the end of the ribbon is on the outside and glue it so that it will stay put. 
Put the brad in the middle of the flowers and then glue the flowers to the top of your flip flop (where the piece will go in-between your toes.  I used 2 flowers each for a more of a full flower look, the one on top being smaller than the other.
Next are your foam letters.  You can do these any way you want but I found that placing them straight up and down made them fit perfectly.  I didn’t want the flower to cover the letters so I started a little bit down and placed the letters very close together.  I still wanted people to be able to see what it says.  Also, these foam letters are actually stickers so I not only removed the back but I hot glued them onto the ribbon.  You could use any color you want; I used white to not only stay with the Ravens colors but to stand out. 
Viola!  Your own customized Ravens flip flops for under $10. 
I know I will be sporting mine this summer!

1 Responses to Needed: Black flip flips

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. I love these!!! I can't wait to see what you come up with next :)

     

Post a Comment

GIRLS ON FILM

GIRLS ON FILM
Ravens Chix Captured on Video
There was an error in this gadget

Blog Archive

My Blog List