Chix Chat Pro Football

The station with ribs!

Posted by Tuesday, April 17, 2012


Talking sports and food is definitely my passion in life!! So when I was invited to be on the sports talk radio show “Catch the Buzz” on WNST 1570 with Paul Mittermeier and Damon “The Bulldog” Yaffe it was as if the skies had parted, a light shone down on me, and the angels were singing!!

A slight tongue lashing came my way because I showed up to the studio without some samples. But I did redeem myself, a little bit, by sharing my recipe cards with Damon and Paul… Paul has been in radio since 1991 and Damon since 1996. Fun guys that know their sports!!!

Paul Mittermeier, behind the tape, has helped to set the stage for Damon and myself along with a few special “chefs” to host a cook-off!! For some reason people always challenge me to a Bobby Flay style “throw-down”… please know I will take everyone down and be crowned champion. That’s how I roll…oh my gosh maybe Bobby Flay will show up

Below you can click on this link to listen in on my interview….I believe I have a budding career in radio broadcast!!!

Baby back Ribs and of course……my mambo sauce. Live and learn, my friends mambo sauce is the way to go!!!!

I do a dry rub on my ribs and serve with the mambo sauce

Ribs

2-3 lbs of baby back ribs minus the membrane (I go to my local butcher)

Dry Rub

1 tbsp paprika

1 tbsp black pepper

1 packet of sazon

1 tbsp onion powder

1 tbsp garlic powder

1/2 tbsp Lawyer’s Season Salt

1/2 tbsp Old Bay seasoning

Mix together…I use a coffee grinder allocated for spices. This gives consistency to the texture of the spices. Don’t use your real coffee grinder. Get one for spices…  You might have some left over for your next go round. Save in a plastic bag or container

Generously cover both sides of your ribs with the dry rub. Place bone side down on a baking sheet lined with foil and a little bit of water in the base. Using foil, make a “tent” over the ribs to trap the moisture. Put in to a 325 degree oven for an hour. At one hour, if you are topping with a barbeque sauce, cover ribs with sauce and return to oven for an additional 15-20 minutes. If not adding sauce, allow ribs to say in over for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Rest for 10 minutes and serve!!!

Mambo Sauce Delicious!!

1 cup ketchup (Heinz)

1 cup sugar

4 tbsp water

5 tbsp white vinegar

1 tbsp Spanish paprika

2 tbsp Sriracha (chili sauce with garlic)

2 tbsp hot sauce (crystal hot sauce)

Add all ingredients in medium sauce pan over medium heat

Bring to a simmer, whisking occasionally. Reduce to low heat

Mambo Sauce is for dipping and my daughters love it!!

3 comments

  1. Jennifer Says:
  2. Try the sauce ladies...awesome

     
  3. iAMpowHERful Says:
  4. Jen, this was an awesome interview! Nothing like talking sports and food!!! You really held your own with the boys. Its great having a female perspective on sports and adding a little flavor to it!!! I look forward to your next visit to the station along with more of your game day food ideas. Best of luck to you.

     
  5. Jennifer Says:
  6. Thank you!!!! It really was so very fun!!

     

Post a Comment

GIRLS ON FILM

GIRLS ON FILM
Ravens Chix Captured on Video
There was an error in this gadget

Blog Archive

My Blog List