Chix Chat Pro Football

Proud Old Girl in a New World

Posted by Monday, May 7, 2012


Hello from Florida, Chix!

When the family and I decided to relocate to a warmer climate, we had a lot to do. We had to sell a house, pack it up, move it approximately 935.74 miles, put some things into storage, unpack some things in our short-term home, find a school for our 4-year-old daughter, find a place to live, and on and on and on.

Now, I’m realizing how thankful I am that we didn’t move during the Ravens’ season. We don’t have time to watch any television right now. And that hasn’t been a problem other than the fact that our favorite shows are coming to their seasons-end so we’re recording them on the DVR but only watching the necessary stuff.

In Maryland, we typically only watched a few Orioles games in recent years…well...because it’s just too painful to be honest. But right now, I’m kind of wanting to be able to pop MASN on my flat screen, crack open a cold beer, and watch a first baseman be thrown into a game as a pitcher to save an important game in the bottom of an inning, before his teammate hammers a 3-run homer out of Fenway in the top of the 17th inning to win the sweep of a team that has (in recent years) had our number.

Really?

Who are these Orioles and where have they been for the past 15 years?

I had to take my car into the shop this week in Florida (our first week here). I have a small SUV with a spare tire on the back. Of course my spare cover in Ravens. My buddy “Carlos” at the service shop commented on it, but didn’t ask why I was a Ravens fan. He immediately went into comments about Ray Lewis, the 2000 Ravens who won the Super Bowl here in Tampa and our unstoppable defense (year after year). He knew about Ball So Hard University, the Ray Rice anti-bully campaign, and other Ravens stuff. So, I asked him:

“Are you from Maryland?”

“No.”

“Are you a Ravens fan?”

“No, I like the Bucs (Tampa Bay Buccaneers).”

“So why do you know so much about the Ravens?”

“I just love football. The Ravens are a great team, and it’s fun to watch smash mouth football like it’s meant to be played. You should be proud to be a Ravens fan.”

I didn’t say a word.

I just smiled and strutted away on my 4-inch flip-flops (รก la Florida Style).

Mind your x’s and o’s.

Purple Maven

2 comments

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. That's great! I hope you get settled in and the O's keep winning!!

     
  3. Becky H Says:
  4. Woo hoo!! Agreed. GO RAVENS!

     

Post a Comment